Tuesday, April 7, 2009

slow week & twilight

Well, I am sure this is nothing like what "THE WAIT", but waiting for the ol' homestudy to wrap up feels so slow!

So, I caved, bought a copy of Twilight, and read it over the weekend. I really didn't want to like it. I admit, I rolled my eyes at my girlfriends for months as they read, went to the midnight book releases, movie showings. Finally...I could resist no longer:)

I loved it. Watched the movie tonight (because I can't my hands on book 2 til tomorrow) and made Matt watch it with me...and he actually liked it! (maybe because I fed him Oreos and milk during it...)

I have decided to wait until Thursday before asking about the homestudy again. That will be two weeks from my last check in with our social worker. I am pray pray praying that our rough draft will show up soon! Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouragement. I will continue to distract myself with the Twilight series, hopefully by the time I can finish the series, the homestudy will be DONE! Right? right.

6 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Can't imagine what that wait is like. Praying for you.

I just spent the weekend with my cousin who has apoted two little girls from China. Made me think of you lots. Can't wait to meet her.

Jana said...

SUCKER!!! (literally:) The books are the best! I actually thought the first was the weakest of the
4. They get way better. I was cooking and reading, telling my kids to hush while I was reading them. And then at Walmart today, they had Twilight paraphenilia and I wanted to buy it all!!!

annaliese said...

hee hee hee--Twilight is soooo addictive :) and a great distraction, I think, for you!

Meredith said...

Ha ha... I'm laughing at you! Love you!

Christy. said...

I totally know how hard this wait is, it stinks!! Just when you throw your hands up it will come! Let me know what she says on Thursday...

Dee said...

I saw the movie.
I wanted to see what all the fuss what about. I was surprised at how much of a low budget movie it was. I'm a movie snop.

Any way, when Alex was in the hospital and the eye doctor had to do an in-room exam, Alex pupils were dialated. I told him he looked like Edward and that he needed to bite my neck. :0)

Thanks for blessing me so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...