Wednesday, January 7, 2009

changes in adoptionland

After alot of thought, prayer, and conversations, we have decided to change placement agencies. I don't want to go into a whole lot of detail about it here, we liked many many things about the agency, but for us the bottom line was how much was needed up front to move forward, and one particular policy we were not to keen on...enough said about that.

The great news is, we have changed/are in the process of changing over to Gladney. We are super excited, and feel overall like it's a better fit for us.Financially speaking, it's broken down better to fit us, although the bottom line is the very very similar. Over the holidays, we were abudantly blessed by several friends/family and with thier financial gifts, we are ready to move to the next phase!Yahoo! It's so wonderful to feel like we are finally MOVING FORWARD. I am starting to feel like this is all real, and I am really getting excited to bring our baby girl home, hopefully before 2009 is over.

Here's a brainy idea...when YOU get ready to adopt internationally, why don't you look into several agencies. Talk to people who've been with those agencies. Do more homework than I did. I naively thought that all agencies function the same way. WELL, they don't. I really only looked at one. That was not so smart of me. Being a rookie adopter, we just didn't realize...so much. BUT, I am very very thankful for some people coming into my life (totally the LORD literally crossing my path, introducing me to new friends) who have been oh so helpful.

Read one of my new friends post today on her blog, about doing your pre-adoption homework...Read it here.

9 comments:

More Dorrs said...

So glad to have another Gladney family around!!!

Looking forward to following your journey to your baby girl.

-b

annaliese said...

very excited that you are able to move to the next phase! oh! to have her in your arms before the year is out--what an amazing thought!!!! rejoicing with you :)!

Lee Ann said...

I've heard LOTS of people are very happy with them.

I had formula and a check to give you today, but forgot both. Can I drop them by tomorrow?

Jana said...

Eryn, good for you! I think you have to do whatever feels right for your family!

Anonymous said...

Gladney is such a GREAT agency. I think that an agency is the most important choice to make in moving forward with an adoption, and if Gladney makes it easier on you guys as you move forward, then YAY!! however God moves you to bring your baby girl home!! I have many many Gladney friends, and it is a wonderful organization!!

Julie D. said...

so glad you can move forward! please tell me you don't have to do that big folder of paperwork again?

Dawn said...

Yes - it's been an awesome week! LOTS of blessings!! :)

I've heard good things about Gladney! Congrats on getting started!

Eryn said...

Julie, no we are using the same agency for our homestudy as before. We may have to redo a few docs, but not a big deal, really (THANK GOODNESS!I think I would have a nervous breakdown if I started completely over!)

Jason & Kala said...

hmmm, I'm interested to know what made you change? Good for you guys though. Whatever works for your family! Talk to ya soon.

Kala

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...