Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Orientation Packet! Please Pray...


I just recieved this, this morning! Our Ethiopia Program Orientation Packet. It has all kinds of goodies in it, like our contract, ideas of the timeline...Info on Ethiopia, resources for hair and skincare (thank goodness! I have been wondering about these...) the Fee schedule (OUCH) and a nice little packet on "how to finance your adoption"....we'll be needing that one!

Please pray with us. Included in the packet is our contract with the agency (All God's Children). When we sign and send it in, we need to send $6000. To put it frankly...we don't have it. We have some, but not quite half of that. Please pray for the Lord to make a way for us. We believe he is calling us to this step of faith, and we are confident that he will provide the finances we need. We believe that He already knows the child he's created to be a Kesler. She may not be born, or even conceived. But we know He knows her.
Psalm 139-
13 You made my whole being;
you formed me in my mother's body.
14 I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way.
What you have done is wonderful.
I know this very well.
15 You saw my bones being formed
as I took shape in my mother's body.
When I was put together there,
16 you saw my body as it was formed.
All the days planned for me
were written in your book
before I was one day old.

I get so emotional when I read these words. As a mom, I have always loved this Psalm, but now it means something new to me. It gives me peace about the journey...That even though I can't know her (yet), it comforts me that the Lord does. He is creating her to be who he wants her to be. It is all his timing. Even as we wait for finances, that could really be the Lord holding us up for just the right timing for our sweet girl to come into this world.

Anyhow, we are asking God to show us the way. Asking him to lead us to the money...In the words of Jerry Maguire...I'm asking God to "Show me the Money!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting one milestone closer to your little girl!

On another adoption blog that I regularly read, there is a list of creative financing ideas with lots of options to apply for grants, loans, etc.

Maybe you've heard of a lot of these, but maybe some will be new to you. I know some of them were new to me.

http://thehowertons.blogspot.com/2008/07/affording-adoption.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...