Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weird Dreams....

I have a gnarly cold right now. My boys had it and kindly shared. I had the wackiest dream last night, and I'm sorry to say it involved most of you other gals waiting for court dates! I think it was induced by my cold meds and foggy brain, and court date anxiety.

It was short, but in my dream i was calling Christy (adoptive mom with another agency...patiently waiting for little boy referral any day!). Christy and I are the friend you can call and rant and rave about how long and ridiculous the adoption process is. We met by blogging  but live near enough to each other to hang out now and then (not enough!).

Anyhow, I was really bummed in my dream, and I called Christy to tell her that mine and everyone else who was waiting for a court date...our referrals fell through. In one day, gladney called all of us to say, "we're so sorry, but it fell through". It was weird. Not a happy dream, and needless to say, I woke up today really wanting a reassuring call with a court date...but it didn't happen. I am praying praying praying it comes this week. I want to go get my girl! I am really not stressed about it, but we are inching closer and closer to missing out on the March travel dates, rolling us over into the first week of April...which happens to be Matt's spring break. You would think that would excite us, but it doesn't. His school district has some wack-a-doodle policies, and for him to get the most time off, we actually would want to go NOT on spring break. Some thing about emergency family leave...if we're required to be in ET by the embassy, then he gets some extra emergency leave.  If he already has the time off...he doesn't get it. So...if we go mid-march, he would get to have close to 3 paid weeks off work. If we don't...well, we'll still have a great spring break. We just won't get to have him home much after travel. We know God has it covered...we are getting antsy. We just want her HOME.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Boo - that's a terrible dream! Did you by any chance watch that disturbing clip on CBS news last night about adoptions in Ethiopia? That would be enough to give any adoptive parent bad dreams. I've said it a million times but I will say it again - thank God we are with Gladney and not some of these other agencies.

This week for sure! And if not then next week for sure! Are you doing your hair every day or was that only for the referral call? LOL

Hang in there, Sweetie. It won't be much longer now...

missy said...

not a fun dream. i hope you get news of that court date very soon! can't wait to see the pix of your lucy!

AprilM said...

That's a stinky dream....I agree with Heidi about us having the best adoptiong agency Gladney....I also seen the disturbing clip on CBS about adoptions in Ethiopia, that would give anyone nightmares....Im praying movement in our court dates....I'm praying for us all....Hope you feel better....God Bless!!

Christy. said...

Oh what a horrible dream!!

I LOVE that we can vent to each other and I know that you totally understand!! We need to get together more for sure!!

I'm praying for you all the time!! God knows our desires, yours to travel in March and mine to travel in May!! I SO want us to be able to celebrate together this week!

Heidi said...

Please let this be the week!

titushome said...

I've been praying for you and your little one this week....hope you hear very soon about the court date, and that you get to travel in March!!!!

:)

Sarah

niccole w. said...

I will be praying as well, but you know God absolutely has it covered. Everything thus far has been in His time and for His purpose. The exact time you get that call will be ordained by Him again for His purpose. No matter where your court date falls, it is already known and planned by Him. He knows the little nuances. He knows every tidbit of information we only wished we knew. Most of all I will pray for your heart to rest in the Peace that this wonderful journey He has brought you on will continue according to His purpose. Love you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...