Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yes, I'm THAT mom.

That's right. I'm a Twilight Mom. Did you know there is actually a website, dedicated to Twilight Mom fans? It's true. The sad thing is, I'll admit, I actually prefer this one. Sometimes when I can't go to sleep, and nothing is on tv, I do visit it. Sick, I know. I can say that I do NOT own a pocket sized Edward, or a Twilight tshirt (yet...never say never).  I resisted reading the "saga" for months. I can be a little rebellious sometimes, especially when it comes to what "everyone" is reading. But finally, I couldn't take it anymore, and I had to see what the big deal was. I picked up Twilight. After 2 weeks of feeding my kids nothing but PB & J while I read the series...I was hooked. Sorry my friends that I gave flack. You were right. I did love it. It fed my inner 13 year old teenage girl longing for love and thrills...and vampires. The really funny thing is...I borrowed the books from my "little" brother...he's about 6 ft, 300+lbs, a truck driving, gun toting, deer hunting, beer drinking man. How awesome is that? (We also share a love for One Tree Hill, but I'll save that post for another day :)

SO, I did it today. I purchase a movie ticket for the midnight premiere of the second Twilight Saga movie...NEW MOON. Yes, Yes, I know it does not come out for nearly two more months. Yes, I know I'll be sitting there with a million girls crying over Edward and Bella. Yes...I know. And, Yes, I am excited about it. And just to show you how ridiculous I am...I will give you a preview. What fun is a post with no pics or video?

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha... All laughing done lovingly!

annaliese said...

Eryn--I am soooo with you! love it, too! and am attending the midnight showing :) (although I did not know about the Twilight Moms webpage--have to go check that out now!)

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

Wooo!! Can't wait to see it with you!!

Trish said...

I'm laughing too!!!

you know i went to see Twilight the day it opened? Not at midnight though because I couldn't stand the thought of sharing that with teenage girls, so I went while my kids were in school!!

Eryn said...

ha ha! Bethy Boo, my friend I'm seeing it with says the teenagers are PART of the experience, Trish! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...