Thursday, September 10, 2009

dreaming.

I had my first weird baby dream last night. I had really strange dreams in both my pregnancies with the boys...so I guess this was kind of like that.

Last night, I had this crazy dream, that we had our girl. We picked her up, she was about 6 months old, and we flew home. We arrived at our airport, went through customs, no big deal. Then I realized when we arrived to our house that the customs people hadn't given me this peice of paper we needed to file with the court here at home. We only had 5 days to file this paper, before they showed up to deport our baby (in my dream only...I don't think that's real.) Anyhow, so the next day, I put baby girl, with all her dark curly hair, into my ergo, and we went back to the customs office. I was standing at the counter talking to the helpful lady, when she suddenly whispered to me, "you better get back here behind the counter with your baby and hide!" Of course, I did it, and in came an angry man, waving a blue handgun! He made the lady hold the gun against me and the baby, while he talked with another customs officer, and it appeared, the angry man was shopping for a new gun. He traded guns with the customs officer, and it was over. They let us go like nothing ever happened. Never got my special paper so our baby wouldn't be deported. Weird huh? The good thing in the dream was, during the whole scary thing, miss baby girl snuggled up calmly to me...not a peep while we were being held hostage. She was so sweet, snuggly, dark curly mop of hair. A sign of things to come, I hope! (the sweet snuggly calm baby, not the hostage situation :) Weird dream...but I did like seeing a face to that baby we've been wondering about for months!

And seriously, deporting a baby? That's just weird.

4 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Strange dream, but praying your baby is dreaming about you too- in a positive way :) I have had crazy dreams about babies too.

missy said...

weird dreams for now, but the future holds a sweet reality of holding your baby!

Belleme said...

Funny dream! I keep having wierd baby dreams, too! Got your blog comments! My hubby and I live in Bellingham, WA, but we are both from Vancouver, WA. Our families still live there and we visit VERY often (monthly or so)! So cool that you are so close by! Most Gladney families are in Texas or Oklahoma! I'd LOVE to have ET baby girl play dates- maybe this summer! Email me sometime janetbelleme@yahoo.com and we can compare notes! :)

Heidi said...

Sounds like a post traumatic paperchase syndrome to me! Hope the good parts are a premonition of your very near future :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...