Monday, August 31, 2009

RoadKill Rescue PAR-TAY-coffee table makeover


I was very excited to re-read the rules for Roadkill Rescue, that I COULD use an old post! Yippee, because, I got on the bandwagon for this gig...friday. Not enough time to find a suitable project, but this was roadkill fantastic last spring! (to see all the funsie projects people came up with go HERE to Beckie's blog.

So, I'm driving home one day from my favorite scrapbooking supply store, and lo and behold...some kids on the side of the road with a coffee table and a "free" sign. Well, now, I just happen to be in the market for a coffee table, and I have a small budget. Free, however, fits right into my budget! So, I loaded it into my van. It was ugly...real ugly. (edit-I had to scrub the stanky film off it!) Husband, thought it may be hopelessly ugly. But, I had hope! I had seen on HGTV a while back some design on a budget show, where they turned an ugly table into a cute ottoman. So, I set out to the store to buy a few supplies.

Before:



And After!




for some reason the pics make the paint job look a little blue, but it's "black ink". Aren't you glad there is hope for ugly coffee tables? I am.

21 comments:

randee said...

no way! that is amazing. it really looks beautiful now.

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

You had some great vision on that one! I love the details on the side and the black and white fabric is gorgeous!!

Amy Jo said...

oh.. That is some of my favorite fabric on top of your free table. It looks AMAZING! I'm not sure I would have had your vision for that smashed up, grimy table. You saved it from the landfill! Great job.

Almost Always said...

wow!! looks fantastic! love the fabric! xo

Lo said...

Get out! That is awesome!! Another thing I would have never thought of on my own. Great job!!

Ali said...

Fabulous! You did a wonderful job, it is beautiful!

The Fiskeaux Family said...

Wow, too bad the best makeover isn't the winner, because yours is AWESOME. Well done!

Steph said...

I so agree! Awesome!

Unknown said...

That looks GREAT!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Yah it is worth repreating that post it is amazing. I remember seeing it the first time and gasping. Great makeover Eryn

suzspeaks said...

I love that!! I need that! ha!

Marie said...

Hello! I'm late to the party...wowee you scored on that coffee table! Love the make-over. The floral fabric is fabulous and I love the distressed black look. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Dee said...

You SO deserve to win that contast! You did Roadkill Rescue before it was even popular.

I voted for you to win the goodies on over at Beckies! HOpe you win.

Carmel said...

I came over from infarrantly creative... having a good time checking out everyone's projects... this table is adorable! Great job!

Christy. said...

Super cute Eryn!!!

Mimi from Peachy Papaya said...

Great job... Love the transformation.

Julie said...

That is awesome. Good job. Looks comfy for tired toes.

Lori said...

Uber impressed Eryn!

Audrey said...

I love it! SO cute!

Cassandra Britt said...

Love it!!

Belleme said...

Hey just found your blog! I think we are just behind you on the Gladney waitlist! We were placed on the list June 26th for a 0-6 month old baby girl! When you get a referral I guess we'll know we're coming up!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...