Sunday, September 27, 2009

4 Months

Well, today we have been on the waitlist for exactly 4 months. According to the latest update from our agency, the current time on the waiting list is averaging 8 months. While there are no guarantees that it will be exactly 8 months for us, today feels like kind of a landmark for us. Half of the wait (approximately) is now behind us. (At least, the referral wait...there will definitely be more waiting after that, even harder waiting, really!)

We are getting frequently asked, if there is any adoption news. To lots of our friends and family, and at times us, it seems like we've been in this process for a loooong time. It has been a long time, just over a year now, since we started. So, we've gotten good at saying that this is the boring, no update phase of waiting. Just wait. Wait for the phone call that will forever change our lives and bring us closer to our girl.

We have been thankful for a busy summer, it made these 4 months go very quickly. Honestly, I hope the next 4 just as fast...even faster would be great! We have many birthdays to look forward too, the holidays...and then I expect by about January, I'll be really ready to see our little ones face. :)

I bought some cute fabric today to make a little photo  book of our family to send when we get our referral...and got some major cute inspiration from a new fabric store in Battle Ground called Aunt Tam's. I can't wait to get started on Lucy's room. I've kind of been holding myself back, fearing getting it all done and perfect and then still having to wait 6 months to put her in it! I am a major MAJOR nester so it's been a challenge to reign myself in. But...Aunt Tam's has the cutest fabrics and ideas. I told my mom it's my new "happy place". I want to live there! It has a little faux kitchen, bedroom, nursery...all beautiful and colorful and inspiring. If you live in the area, it is a MUST see. To see some of the darling stuff made from the goods at AT's, go here to visit one of my new fave blogs and tell her I sent you. Beth is an amazing photographer! love love love her stuff.

5 comments:

Christy. said...

We just hit over the four month mark, this waiting thing is hard!!

I am praying that we have a referral in October!!

I hope yours comes before Christmas!!

Tamara said...

Thanks so much for the link to the photography blogsite - she is awesome and I love that Aunt Tam's is getting such great word of mouth publicity - it is an amazing store and "Aunt Tam" herself is a beautiful lady - inside and out... glad you have discovered the fun store and I hope this next few months of waiting is full of great "Nesting" opportunities... so exciting... I just thought of you so much as we watched that video clip in church this week and saw those beautiful smiling African children - they are amazingly beautiful and despite their circumstances they just emit joy and radiate with palpable love when they show their smiles and their big thoughtful eyes... can't wait to see/meet Lucy...

michelle allen said...

Oh, I love Aunt Tam's! Looking forward to your creation. How is the journaling coming along? :)

dawnette said...

Just popped over to see what's up and catch up on your blog :) Hope you are well, friend!

Infarrantly Creative said...

And you did not take a picture of the cute fabric you got? you are killing me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...