Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Jack!

My baby turns 3 tomorrow, and I am in shock. I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday we were stuffing him into a red stocking at the hospital! (All the december babes got them!).



My sweet Jack...

I can't believe that 3 years have gone by since I first held you! From your first moments, you have been a passionate, spunky boy and now is no different! You love passionately and fiercely. Your passion also reveals itself in stubborn determination. Every day, I relish in your sweet hugs and kisses that you generiously pour out on me. We joke that you have a strong line of "crawford DNA" (mommy's side of the family!)...You remind me alot of your Grandpa. You have a very clear idea of what your opinions are, but right along with it, you have the softest heart every. Mushy Mushy love fills you up and you share it with anyone who will stand still long enough to let you hug them. Literally. Your strongest trait is that you are a lover. Each night, you come out of your room about 4 times before you finally fall asleep, telling me you need "one more hug". Daddy says I have a soft spot for you, and I think he's right. I can't resist your lovin'. I love that at the end of the day,  your biggest complaint is that we didnt' get enough snuggles. Every time  I put you to bed, you reach your hand out to my face and just rub my cheek. You reach up, grab my neck and pull my face to yours until we're cheek to cheek. And you breathe deep like it's the best part of your day...and I soak it up, it's often the best part of mine. In that moment, my day melts away. I forget the potty training woes, or the fact that you crept into my bed at 3am tickling my nose with your wispy wild curls. In our cheek to cheek minutes, all I can think about is how much I love you and how thankful I am to have such a lovin' boy.

You go a million miles an hour all day, trying to keep up with your big brother. You have a wild imagination, making up crazy stories all day long to tell me. Your spunk gets you into trouble often, like when earlier this week, you flushed your dirty undies down the toilet. There is never EVER a dull moment. I am so thankful for the laughs and the love you bring to our family. I pray that your heart and love will grow into a deep love for Jesus and others. I pray that your passion and determination will lead you to be compassionate and determined to help others. That your spunk will turn into confidence and leadership in others lives. I know that God has big big plans for you, little man. I love you so much! Hugs and kisses, Mama

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Happy Birthday! Sweet boy :)

missy said...

what a sweet post. those passionate, spunky jack's are awesome!!! happy birthday big guy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...