Saturday, March 27, 2010

Good News!

My previous post was This is shaping up to be a good week. Scratch good. It was great!

Monday-Christy got her referral! SO happy for her, it was almost as good for me as getting our referral!
Tuesday (like I posted) - our needed document was received by Gladney staff in Addis Ababa, ET. Mom asked us to lunch to celebrate the good news! Hayden celebrated by puking all over the floor of Taco Time, so that was fun:(
Wednesday-Hayden was still a sickie, but I enjoyed another day of snuggles and laying low with my boys.
Thursday-more good news! Our file was submitted to the courts in ET! That means we'll only be traveling ONCE to ET. I'm relieved that we will only have one round of travel expenses, and will be able to bring the little lady home the first time we meet her :) And, my boy was finally feeling better.
Friday-Mom and I hit up Kohl's and Starbucks. Scored some good deals on some comfy travel clothes :) Thanks Mom, for sharing your extra 30% off with me! I LOVE my friday morning routine...Send the boys off with Nana for some fun time at the local library and fun with Nana, while my mom and I make our friday morning rounds to Starbucks and Kohl's in search of great deals. I also got to see my sweet friend Jen, who moved to Michigan this fall (boo-miss her so much!) BUT the happy news is they are coming back the Couve in a few months! Yay!
Saturday-The President and CEO of Kesler Enterprises (my hubbster) declared Spring Break yard renovation week! Yard work is very near the bottom of my life priorities. BUT, he's been wanting to give our kids a nice space to play ever since we moved in here, almost 3 years ago! As a family, we shoveled a truck load of dirt into our truck, and Matt and the fellas worked outside, while I ran errands. I forgot that I LOATHE that part of home improvement projects. The 10,000 trips to the store for this or that that you forgot you needed. BUT I DO prefer shopping to shoveling, so I'll take it! :) We take tomorrow off from yard work, and hang with the fam and do the church thing...then Monday, we're back into yard work.

NEXT step, you ask? We are waiting for that magic date in Ethiopian Court. We expect to hear in the next few weeks what our court date is, which will likely be a few weeks out from that point. (so-3-6 weeks out from now, likely)...then, a few more weeks, hopefully before we travel. We are doing okay with this now, although we still can't believe it's now been a full 3 months since seeing our little gals face for the first time, and there's till no finish line in front of us. We know we're in the homestretch though...

9 comments:

Kerri said...

Hi! Wow, you have a great way with words. I’ve enjoyed reading your story. I stumbled upon your blog as I was researching adoption. Basically, I don’t know anyone who has adopted internationally, and our family feels led to Ethiopia like yours. I am in Portland, and was wondering how your experience has been with your adoption agency? If you have time do you mind emailing me? I would love to hear if you have any recommendations as we are in the beginning stages. Thank you so much!

-Kerri
kerrikuykendall@hotmail.com

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

Congratulations on getting all your paperwork in order!
Come on court date!

Leanne said...

We can't be rooting for you any more than we are!!!!!!!!!! Hoping and hoping and waiting to hear that your court date has been assigned!!!!!!! Your optimism always makes me smile.

Thanks for sharing - and I hope the landscaping turns out great!!!!!!

Leslie said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful week... but you have a better week coming soon. I am praying for good news for your soon.

~*Beth*~ said...

Awesome! It's ALL coming together :o)

Christy. said...

YEAH for great weeks! Thanks for being so excited for us, it means tons!

I hope you can tackle the yard work like crazy this week!!

Heidi said...

COME ON COURT DATE! (and paperwork for me, sheesh!)
XOXO, H

Lee Ann said...

Hip hip HOORRAAAAAYYYYY!!!! So happy for you. Not so happy for the puke and the yard work. It will be worth it though!

Lisa said...

Once upon a time I actually thought we could be traveling this week too. Very wishful thinking! But yay to files being submitted to court! Maybe we'll end up sharing a court date :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...