Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"If you can't say somethin' nice..."

"Don't say nothin' at all"- Thumper (from Bambi)


I feel like I should stop blogging until this blows over, so I don't scare away any newbies to adoption :)

But...it's real. It's the journey. It's life.

Right now, I feel like I'm working to manage my disappointment. Period. It's how I'm getting through. I'm trying to be real, taking it to the Lord, and letting Him carry it. But, honestly, sometimes I even have a hard time with that. Encouragement from friends who get it has meant SO much. Thanks for your kind words.

We did get a sliver of good news today...the "missing document" from our file is en route to Addis from Gondar...via express shipping. I wonder what that is in Ethiopia? I'm guessing it's not FedEx Overnight.

The news that was hard to hear, and honestly, very disappointing, was that once Gladney receives it and submits our file to the Federal Court, it will likely be 3 weeks before a court date is assigned to us. Currently the actual court dates are occuring 2-3 weeks out from that point. So...it will likely be another 5-6 weeks before the court date happens...and then 2-6 weeks after that for travel (assuming we pass the first time). That likely puts us into May for travel. It has nothing to do with Gladney...they are waiting just like us. I truly believe they work hard for us, and are very proactive on our behalf. But it is what it is. MORE WAITING. My friend, Heidi, is in the exact same boat. (only, she preceeded this current wait, with a long near 13 month wait on the wait list for a referral!)

It really felt like someone punched me in the gut...for the second week in a row. Knocked the wind out of me, punched in the gut feeling. U.G.H

Please pray for both Heidi and I, and our wonderful husbands, that doors would be opened, papers expedited, and ASAP courtdates to open up before the eyes of our Gladney staff as they work on our behalf to unite us with our children.

7 comments:

AprilM said...

We are praying for you!!!!

The Mathews Family said...

I was thinking of that song that goes something like this..." ...don't worry about a thing...cause every little thing's gonna be alright..." Bob Marley? Anyway...Praying and hoping that things blow over soon. Hang in. It's gonna be worth it all!!!! :)

Belleme said...

So sorry Eryn! Hang in there! We're having a hard time being patient, too... so many unknowns... Praying for you! And looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks!

Heidi said...

Yep, bunched in the gut twins! I hope I am hugging you in Ethiopia soon :-)

Heidi said...

Aggg, I meant punched not bunched, although there's some bunching going on too, LOL!

The gFamily said...

I've been stalking you for a little while, and although we are still in the paper chasing stage, you are not scaring me off at all! Don't worry! I just came to encourage you and tell you that I know your pain(from a previous adoption) and it is all worth it in the end! I am praying for you and Heidi that things come together very soon and you are sweet babies before you know it!

Eastiopians said...

I will definitely join you in prayer that this gets resolved fast and that you get a court date much sooner! It is SO hard to wait. HUGS!

Theresa
Btw, I love your blog...I haven't been here in a while..what is my prob? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...